| For ALL students taking music lessons - please remember to bring the following items to EVERY lesson.
- Instrument (except percussionists)
- Clarinets and saxes - always have two reeds in good condition
- Brass instruments - valves/slides should be oiled at home
- Band folder - with all handouts/papers/etc.
- Music Lesson Book (if you received one)
- Practice Assignment Log
- PENCIL (pens are not allowed in music) - I highly recommend putting two pencils in your instrument case.
If you can't attend your lesson - be sure to call Mr. Sikorski in the beginning of the period so he can schedule a make-up lesson if possible.
- Students should be practicing at least five (5) days every week at home.
- First year students should spend about 15 minutes practicing each day.
- Select band students should spend about 20-25 minutes each day.
- Use your practice assignment log to make sure you are practicing the right material each week.
THE MORE YOU PLAY YOUR INSTRUMENT - THE BETTER YOU WILL GET!!!