Welcome to the Landis Band's Website!
Announcements and News
Attached are the details and permission slip for the upcoming Pops Concert.
Please return permission slips by Tuesday, 3/10.
Here is a run-down of the next few weeks:
- Tuesday, 3/3 - Rehearsal - (Yes, this is a PARCC testing day)
- Tuesday, 3/10 - Rehearsal - (Yes, this is also a PARCC testing day)
- Tuesday, 3/17 - Rehearsal
- Wednesday, 3/18 - Rehearsal at VHS South (in the cafeteria) - Report time: 6:15. Rehearsal ends at 7:30.
- Thursday, 3/19 - POPS CONCERT - 7:00 pm. Report time: 6:30. At VHS South.
Please take a few moments to check this out - the U.S. Air Force Band (with strings and vocalists) performing a "flash concert" at the Smithsonian. They play "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" (most of you will recognize this) and "Joy to the World". Simply amazing!
Please save the date of Thursday, June 4th for our annual Spring Concert. The concert will begin at 7:00 pm. More details to follow...
If you have not already done so, please consider signing up for the Remind group. It only takes a minute!!
New this year, I will be using the app "Remind" as a way of being able to communicate quickly with students and parents. It uses text messaging or e-mail and does not provide any contact information (mine or yours). This means that everyone's phone number or e-mail address stays private. I will be using this to remind student's (and parents) of upcoming rehearsals, events, etc. It also will allow me to provide last minute updates in the event of changes (a few of our performances are outside and subject to weather). It is just a way to provide information as it only works one-way (you can't reply to any messages).
I will still continue to update the website regularly and send out e-mails occasionally through the year. If you are interested in joining, please click the link below or see me for a handout.
Please know if you decide to change your mind, it is very easy to remove you from the list.
For ALL students taking music lessons - please remember to bring the following items to EVERY lesson.
If you can't attend your lesson - be sure to call Mr. Sikorski in the beginning of the period so he can schedule a make-up lesson if possible.
- Students should be practicing at least five (5) days every week at home.
- Use your practice assignment log to make sure you are practicing the right material each week.
THE MORE YOU PLAY YOUR INSTRUMENT - THE BETTER YOU WILL GET!!!
1-7 of 7